FACILITIES – DEEP-WATER OUTER HARBOUR
The new outer harbour at EastPort UK has been designed to service the needs of a large range of vessels, including the latest generation of freight ferries, ropax ferries, self-discharges and trade car carriers. Port infrastructure and administrative support systems are leading edge, ensuring that EastPort UK raises the bar on levels of service and efficiency. With new management and a flexible mindset we have the rare ability to create new facilities with partners new and old.
- Easy access at all states of tide
- 200 metres width at harbour entrance
- Harbour dredged to 10 metres at chart datum
- 1,000 metres of quay space
- Sheltered water
- Up to 250 metres of developable quay
- Significant development land available
- Adjacent warehousing and open space
- Short & long term office accommodation
- Heavy lift and project cargo capability
- Fully supported by own multi-skilled port operatives
- 24 hours x 365 days working
- No bridges or locks
Can Do Mentality
- Embracing new management and culture
- Blending traditional values with modern best practice
- Ensuring rapid response to client demands
- A fully integrated management team delivering rapid decision making via empowered hierarchy.
- Being part of the integrated team ensures that expertise, flexibility, speed of response and safety align with the overall objectives of the business.
Great Business Partners
- We have the rare ability to create new facilities with new partners with a flexible mindset.
The Outer Harbour project was funded through a public-private partnership with part of the financing coming from the public sector. The public funding from state resources is approximately £18 million (€26.3 million) coming from the East of England Development Agency, Norfolk County Council, Great Yarmouth Borough Council and the European Regional Development Fund.